Registration is now OPEN for our 2022-2023 program (running five Saturdays in October 2022- March 2023). APPLY NOW!
Spots are limited, and registration closes September 30th!
TEACH Outside the Box Social Justice Certificate Program and Alternative Placement
- community educators and formal educators
- Trent B.Ed Teacher Candidates (Alternative Settings Placement)
- Trent Teacher Education Stream students
- all others interested in Social Justice Education
TEACH Outside the Box is a unique opportunity for teacher candidates and community educators to participate in a series of interactive workshops and an optional community placement. At TEACH Outside the Box you will be part of a collaborative network of educators, learning alongside your peers and from community partners as you build your own social justice education toolbox!
Highlights of TEACH Outside the Box:
- Exploring critical education theories from various perspectives (global, Indigenous, anti-oppression, popular education, the arts)
- Engaging with different ways to teach (in and outside of the classroom)
- Puts theory into practice with an optional community-based alternative placement.
Workshop Topics (subject to change for 2022-2023):
Workshop #1: Education for Change: The Theory and Practice of Social Justice Education
Workshop #2: Indigenous Ways of Teaching and Learning
Workshop #3: Anti-Racism in the Classroom: Building Resilience through Uncomfortable Conversations
Workshop #4: Queer Intersectionality in the Classroom
Workshop #5: The TEACH-IN (Program Celebration)
Workshops take place roughly once a month on Saturdays from October-March
Upcoming 2022-2023 program syllabus is still under construction, but please refer to the Program Syllabus Page for an overview of last year’s program.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to answer any questions!